By the end of February, most people’s new year resolutions have either been long forgotten or fallen to the wayside. Case in point, the yoga studio I go to was bustling with newcomers in January, to the point where I couldn’t outstretch my arms for fear of poking somebody. Luckily for me, the number of people has dwindled back down to a manageable number by now.
I have found that focusing on small and specific attainable goals can bring just as much satisfaction as accomplishing a major goal. The little positive things that we do on a daily basis can really add up over time. Below are some of my goals. I’m putting them out there so that I can hold myself accountable.
- Get to work 5 minutes earlier. This will allow me to feel less stress when I’m stuck in traffic and it will give me a few minutes to get centered and ready for work.
- No electronics after 10 pm.
- Get to bed earlier (I’m a night owl and this one is very hard for me).
- Pack lunches for work. It takes some extra time but can save money and calories.
- Plan one family day-trip per week.
- Drink more water. Here are some tips.
- Reach out to one friend per week that I haven’t talked to for a while to reconnect.
- Read more – for enjoyment, for learning, and for fun.
Have you read my post on accomplishing more in 2017? The things that I mentioned really helped me to simplify and automate so that I can focus more on the important things in life (like family and health). Have you seen this video about setting priorities to have a fulfilling life?
What are your goals? Have you been sticking with your resolutions?
Happy Chic Mom, a blog for moms
The post, how to achieve your New Years resolutions, first appeared on Happy Chic Mom.