The consensus amongst my friends is that men are hard to shop for! My husband usually says that he doesn’t “need” anything because he’s more interested in shopping for the big toys (like cars and watches). However, what dad doesn’t like to receive something unique and/or useful for Father’s Day that falls outside the categories of ties or tools? Here are 5 Father’s Day gifts that have been hits with the guys in my life.
1. OluKai Flip Flop: This is a nice grown-up and comfortable pair of flip flops for summer BBQs, pool parties, and weekend excursions. Their comfort level puts regular old flip flops to shame. I just ordered a new replacement pair for my husband.
2. Digital food thermometer: What man doesn’t like something that is useful and gadgety? This has been by far the most useful kitchen tool I purchased this year. I use it all the time, especially when I cook my Blue Apron meals (see my review of the thermometer here and my review of Blue Apron here).
3. Nice drinking glasses: My guy has been really into making Old Fashions (the oldest cocktail) for a few years now. Until recently, he’s been making his Old Fashions in a regular old glass. I bought him a set of these glasses for Christmas and he loves them. Using nice glassware elevates the experience of drinking a cocktail.
4. Weekend duffel bag: A sturdy duffle bag will last a long time. Why not travel in style, even if it’s for a guy’s weekend or quick business trip? I like this New North bag because there is a sturdy compartment for shoes, metal feet to keep the bottom clean, and it’s just the right size to fit in the airplane overhead compartment. Use the code SUMMER25 for 25% off and free shipping. As a bonus surprise, throw in some toiletries. I bought the Kiehl’s Starter Kit for my husband and he’s a fan.
5. An experience: sailing, golfing, race car driving (this was a hit) – experiences create memories that last longer than any gift you can buy.
What are your favorite Father’s Day gifts? Please share in the comment section below because I’m always looking for more ideas for next year.
Happy Chic Mom, a blog for moms
The post, 5 Father’s Day gifts that dads may actually like and use, first appeared on Happy Chic Mom.
*Although this site contains affiliate links to Amazon.com, which can generate a small commission, anything that is featured or recommended on this blog is something that I personally use or would recommend.