I thought it would be fun to post some new recipes, fun/interesting reads, and shopping finds for the weekend.
1. Variety is the spice of life, especially when it comes to food. I’m always looking for delicious variations on the basics and this honey soy salmon looks yummy.
2. I’m itching to redo our crazy playroom that is overrun by toys, but I just don’t know where to begin. Here is a playroom that is both kid friendly and chic. To be honest, our toy room will never look like that because construction vehicles rule our house. Oh well, at least it puts a smile on my face whenever I find one of my boy’s toys in random places (like my bedroom side table).
3. Revised guidelines recommend early introduction (as young as 4-6 months) of peanut-containing foods to prevent the development of peanut allergies.
4. Are female bosses harder on their female subordinates? Do you feel that women bully each other at work? I’m quite fortunate that I haven’t encountered much of this in my career, but my field of work is quite different compared to corporate law.
5. Now is a great time to stock up on warmer weather work clothes, as retailers are trying to clear out their summer inventory in preparation for the fall. Ann Taylor currently has 50% off of their sale pricing. In my experience, the prices are generally better in-store than online. I tried on a few dresses and tops today and there are still plenty of sizes left. For stylish and affordable finds from Old Navy and H&M, check out my last post.
Hope you have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by!
Please click the “follow” button to receive email notification of future blog posts and follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
Happy Chic Mom, a blog for moms
The post, weekend eating, reading, and shopping, first appeared on Happy Chic Mom.